Online Pharmacy Technician Program
This instructor-led course is entirely online for students who are interested in earning their Pharmacy Technician certification in an online learning environment. This course also includes the national exam through MedCA. The certification exam must be proctored in the city where the student lives. The fee for the test is $139.
The objective of the course is to prepare the student for a career as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in various settings such as retail or hospital pharmacy.
While registration with the Georgia Board of Pharmacy is not required for certification, it is required by many employers and so, we encourage students to get registered. Click HERE, to visit the Georgia Board of Pharmacy website and to complete your registration.
As a Certified Pharmacy Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Receive written prescription request from patients, and prescriptions sent electronically from doctors’ offices.
- In some states, you may process physicians’ orders by phone.
- Read the prescriptions, retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and may mix or compound medications.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Prepare insurance claim forms and manage inventory.
Students will have access to lecture PowerPoints, Interactive Videos, Resources, Course Assignments, Module Test, and 24/7 helpdesk assistance for CANVAS.
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Application for Enrollment”.
- Provide ID and Social Security Card.
- Provide Copy of CPR/FA Certification
- Consent to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. (a felony may constitute disqualification)
- Negative PPD/TBT Skin Test or Negative Chest x-ray (must be within 6 months).
- Current Immunization Records
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Negative 12 Panel Drug Screen
- Registration and Minimum Deposit –required for each program (see fee schedule for
Tuition, Fees, and Certification
Course Tuition $999.00
Application Fee $50.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Background Check $35.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Student ID $15.00
MedCA Certification Exam $139.00
Two Payment Plans I & II:
Plan I: One Thousand Ninety Nine Dollars ($1099.00) paid in full before class begins;
Plan II: One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) down payment before class begins and Two Hundred Forty Nine Dollars and Seventy-Five Cents ($249.75) per module (4 Modules).
(HHCC does not accept personal checks. All payments will be required to be paid in cash, money order or credit card.)
For students who choose payment plan II, all module payments must be made in full prior to being granted access for the next module. Checks will not be accepted. Certificates of Completion will be given after the student has completed their clinical externship. The MedCA Certification exam will be scheduled within 10 days of program completion and on receipt of certification of completion from Heritage Health Career Center, Inc. The Exam is $139. Re-testing fees and test rescheduling are the student’s responsibility.
Mosby's Pharmacy Technician, 4th Edition: Principles and Practices
Program Acceptance Standards
To be accepted into Heritage Health Career Center's (HHCC) program, each applicant must understand and meet the following program acceptance standards and verify such by signing this ENROLLMENT APPLICATION. Failure to meet and accept these standards will result in an admission denial:
Applicant must be physically able to bend, kneel and lift.
Applicant must be able to communicate clearly using the English language due to its exclusive use by the instructors and its predominant use by medical terms and medical facilities. This includes the ability to understand written and spoken English plus the ability to speak clearly, to be clearly understood, to read written English and to write clearly using the English language. All aspects of the HHCC use ONLY the English language for all communications, including the textbooks.
Applicant must be able to work and interact competently with other people.
Applicant must be legally eligible to work or train in the United States and must possess a valid social security number.
Applicant must not test positive for tuberculosis or Hepatitis B.
Applicant must have NO felony or misdemeanor in ANY state involving ANY sex-related crimes or ANY crimes related to: murder, attempted murder, assault, battery, kidnapping, abduction of a minor, aggravated menacing, aggravated robbery, grand theft, patient abuse ,patient neglect, Medicaid fraud, insurance fraud or ANY convictions involving the abuse, neglect, or harassment of a minor or an elderly person. ANY convictions involving methamphetamine will also result in an admission denial.
There will be no night clinical rotations.
Goals of the Program
- Prepare the student to work as a Pharmacy Technician in a variety of health care settings such as the hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, mobile services, etc.
- Acquire a basic working knowledge of medical terminology
- Become familiar and learn the basic structure, functions and interaction of each body system
- Discuss the pathway from patient contact through the diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and financial aspects of medical care.
- Demonstrate the strict safety standards needed to protect self, patients, employees and employers.
- Explain the legal, cultural and ethical issues and regulations within healthcare
- Perform all clinical duties expected of clinical Pharmacy Technician