Online Phlebotomy Technician Program
This instructor-led course is entirely online for students who are interested in earning their phlebotomy certification in an online learning environment. This course also includes the national exam through MedCA. The certification exam must be proctored in the city where the student lives. The fee for the test is $139.
The student will have to provide evidence of 100 successful blood draws through skills performed during the clinical externship. They will be provided with a draw log sheet to record their draws, which must be signed off by a medical professional such as an LPN, Certified Phlebotomist, MD, RN or MA. Students must locate a lab, physician’s office or other location where they will be allowed to complete their draws and other pertinent skills.
Students will have access to lecture PowerPoints, Interactive Videos, Resources, Course Assignments, Module Test, and 24/7 helpdesk assistance for CANVAS.
Phlebotomy Essentials (Choice), 6th Edition
Ruth E. McCall, BS, MT (ASCP) & Cathee Tankersley, BS, MT (ASCP)
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Application for Enrollment”.
- Provide ID and Social Security Card.
- Consent to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. (a felony may constitute disqualification)
- Negative PPD/TBT Skin Test or Negative Chest x-ray (must be within 6 months).
- Current Immunization Records
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Registration and Minimum Deposit –required for each program (see fee schedule for details)
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition: $799
- Application Fee: $50 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Background Check: $35
- Student Badge: $15
- MedCA Certification Exam: $139
Application Fee: Fifty Dollars $50.00 (Non-Refundable)
Online Phlebotomy Technician Course Training Fees: $899.00 (see Tuition and Fees above for fee breakdown)
Two Payment Plans I & II:
Plan I: Eight Hundred Ninety Nine Dollars ($899.00) paid in full before class begins;
Plan II: One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) down payment before class begins and One Hundred Ninety Nine Dollars and Seventy-Five Cent ($199.75) per module. (4 Modules)
(HHCC does not accept personal checks. All payments will be required to be paid in cash, money order or credit card.)
For students who choose Payment Plan ll - When registering for the Online Phlebotomy Technician Program for the first time, students are expected to pay the Application Fee, Background Check, and Student Badge. The remaining balance will be paid before the start of each module. Once your module payment has been received, your module will be unlocked.
Checks will not be accepted. Certificates of Completion will be given after the student has completed their clinical externship. The MedCA Certification exam will be scheduled within 10 days of program completion and on receipt of certification of completion from Heritage Health Career Center, Inc. The Exam is $139. Re-testing fees and test rescheduling are the student’s responsibility.
Program Acceptance Standards
To be accepted into Heritage Health Career Center's (HHCC) program, each applicant must understand and meet the following program acceptance standards and verify such by signing this ENROLLMENT APPLICATION. Failure to meet and accept these standards will result in an admission denial:
Applicant must be physically able to bend, kneel and lift.
Applicant must be able to communicate clearly using the English language due to its exclusive use by the instructors and its predominant use by medical terms and medical facilities. This includes the ability to understand written and spoken English plus the ability to speak clearly, to be clearly understood, to read written English and to write clearly using the English language. All aspects of the HHCC use ONLY the English language for all communications, including the textbooks.
Applicant must be able to work and interact competently with other people.
Applicant must be legally eligible to work or train in the United States and must possess a valid social security number.
Applicant must not test positive for tuberculosis or Hepatitis B.
Applicant must have NO felony or misdemeanor in ANY state involving ANY sex-related crimes or ANY crimes related to: murder, attempted murder, assault, battery, kidnapping, abduction of a minor, aggravated menacing, aggravated robbery, grand theft, patient abuse ,patient neglect, Medicaid fraud, insurance fraud or ANY convictions involving the abuse, neglect, or harassment of a minor or an elderly person. ANY convictions involving methamphetamine will also result in an admission denial.
Goals of the Program
- Prepare the student to work as a Phlebotomy Technician in a variety of health care settings such as hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, mobile services, etc.
- Acquire a basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Become familiar and learn the basic structure, functions, and interaction of each body system.
- Discuss the pathway from patient contact through the diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and financial aspects of medical care.
- Demonstrate the strict safety standards needed to protect self, patients, employees, and employers.
- Explain the legal, cultural and ethical issues and regulations within healthcare.